Trailmaster 4N1 parts, manual, anything?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dy929

Nov 11, 2023
huntsville, alabama
My parents got a Appalachian stove trailmaster 4N1 back in the late 80s.

Im now living in the same house and would like to use the stove now. The last time it was lit may have been 5 years ago, but it was never consistently used as it was only a backup to electric heat.

Chimney sweep said the chimney looks good, but don't have much information at all about this stove, other than trying to sell me a new one.

I have searched all over this site and the rest of the internet but have come up with very little information about this exact model.

I need to replace the gasket around the door and the firebricks for certain. There were no bricks on the bottom of the stove, only along the sides and they have never been replaced. Each one, of the 4, measured 9.5x6.75x1" does it need rack for the wood? 1111231905.jpg1111231905b.jpg

Are you supposed to use a catalytic combuster with this stove? It does not appear to have one installed.

An owners manual would be awesome if anyone could help me out, please.

1111231904a.jpg

There is a catalyst listed for the newer 4 N 1 XL at Midwest Hearth but I don't know if that is for this old model. If the bypass is opened, is the cat or cat holder visible?

Give a call to the folks at www.servicesales.com. (800) 472-6728

Last edited:
the XL is different in a few ways from mine. But also, there is no place i can see that a cat holder would even go. Thanks, i'll give them a call on monday!
There is a catalyst listed for the newer 4 N 1 XL at Midwest Hearth but I don't know if that is for this old model. If the bypass is opened, is the cat or cat holder visible?

Give a call to the folks at www.servicesales.com. (800) 472-6728

Yes, I suspect that the cat addition came in the early 90s to meet EPA requirements.

Reactions: dy929