Pat on the back then a kick in the butt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, opening upstairs windows will create a chimney effect. This can turn the 1st floor into a negative pressure zone with the possibility of reversing draft.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
This an NC30?

I leave my stove cruising pretty good when I go to bed. Like so:

IMG_20161129_181517499_zps17eppetl.jpg

If I leave the stove like this at 10:00-11:00, I'll come down to a stove full of coals whenever I decide to roll out of bed (somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30). I've had just secondaries going, but that only last a short while. If I allow that to go on, I'll come back to a brown frosted glass. I've found also that if I leave the air open too much, the secondaries don't get it all, and I have smoke rolling from my chimney.

I'm not sure that my wood is as dry as it ought to be, so that may determine how I do some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.