Patience rewarded - double good weekend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
I've been having my eyes peeled for months now for a decent good quality used splitter at a fair price.

I missed out on a 22T Huskee a few weeks ago, by 20 minutes. Timing is everything when you know roughly what you want and it suddenly appears.

I opened up Kijiji early yesterday morning, with the rain & wind pounding outside, just before I was set to plow into doing our income taxes (deadline in 1 week), to see a 5 year old Surge Master (Wallenstein) 6.5hp Honda H/V splitter an hour away from me for half the Home Depot retail price. Just what I was looking for. Taxes got put on the shelf and the call was made. I wanted to hold off a day since it was so miserable out, but the guy was home & it sounded good. I came home pretty wet around the edges but the splitter search is over - retired fellow, looks like he took pretty good care of it, had to give up the wood & his splitting baby since his wife started having allergies to the wood. Not the GX engine, but it purred like a kitty when he fired it up & we ran a few cycles. Pretty pumped the looking is over, and hoping to run it though some stuff later today if it dries up some outside.

Double good - just finished taxes & I'm getting back (for the first time in decades) over twice what I paid for the splitter. Maybe I'll just forget about everything else for the day & have a drink or few. :)

Nice score there maple! Definitely sounds like the clock reads beer-thirty

Nice. Good rainy day job :)

I think it looks good, not sure though, :)
Pictures?

Have to swap the 1 7/8 ball hitch for a 2", and there's been one hose replaced on it that could be routed a bit better. Might need to get a swivel coupling for that.

Edit: Well crap, why is that first pic sideways? Looks right on photobucket. Oh well - on to the beers.

Sweet
I like the wings to hold the rounds on.
Don't see many with tail lights :)
Should last many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.