1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Patience rewarded - double good weekend.

Post in 'The Gear' started by maple1, Jun 9, 2013.

1. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I've been having my eyes peeled for months now for a decent good quality used splitter at a fair price.

I missed out on a 22T Huskee a few weeks ago, by 20 minutes. Timing is everything when you know roughly what you want and it suddenly appears.

I opened up Kijiji early yesterday morning, with the rain & wind pounding outside, just before I was set to plow into doing our income taxes (deadline in 1 week), to see a 5 year old Surge Master (Wallenstein) 6.5hp Honda H/V splitter an hour away from me for half the Home Depot retail price. Just what I was looking for. Taxes got put on the shelf and the call was made. I wanted to hold off a day since it was so miserable out, but the guy was home & it sounded good. I came home pretty wet around the edges but the splitter search is over - retired fellow, looks like he took pretty good care of it, had to give up the wood & his splitting baby since his wife started having allergies to the wood. Not the GX engine, but it purred like a kitty when he fired it up & we ran a few cycles. Pretty pumped the looking is over, and hoping to run it though some stuff later today if it dries up some outside.

Double good - just finished taxes & I'm getting back (for the first time in decades) over twice what I paid for the splitter. Maybe I'll just forget about everything else for the day & have a drink or few. :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. osagebow

osagebow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Nice score there maple! Definitely sounds like the clock reads beer-thirty
  3. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Nice. Good rainy day job :)

I think it looks good, not sure though, :)
    Pictures?
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to swap the 1 7/8 ball hitch for a 2", and there's been one hose replaced on it that could be routed a bit better. Might need to get a swivel coupling for that.

Edit: Well crap, why is that first pic sideways? Looks right on photobucket. Oh well - on to the beers.
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Sweet
    I like the wings to hold the rounds on.
    Don't see many with tail lights :)
    Should last many years.