Patiently Waiting For Burning Season .....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there is a good swimming hole nearby, I can handle the heat. After the clothes are off, I'm in the water! My wife OTOH has a 10 degree comfort range.

Burning right now, 48 f and rain. have been cutting and splitting several days a week preparing for the snow to come in September like always.

piney said:
Burning right now, 48 f and rain. have been cutting and splitting several days a week preparing for the snow to come in September like always.

At ten thousand feet you should be asking for a runway number and clearance to land.

BrotherBart said:
piney said:

At ten thousand feet you should be asking for a runway number and clearance to land.

Jeez, can you even breath without an oxygen tank at that elevation?

Todd said:
BrotherBart said:
piney said:

Jeez, can you even breath without an oxygen tank at that elevation?

When I was flying in Chinooks I always told the pilots that we we needed to go down a bit because at ten thousand feet my cigarette would start to go out. And I knew that they would be the next thing that went out.

Yes, both times we were lost in the middle of the night and didn't know what mountain might be in front of us so they kept climbing.

Leadville is the highest city in the USA @ 10,200 ft. Yes you do have to be tough to live here no wimps need apply.

Piney, what were you at this morning? I am 37 °F right now, and burning away. Our shop foreman is your neighbor, and yeah, he's "high" in more ways than one. ;-P

BeGreen said:
madrone said:
Seldom freezes there either, due to warm Pacific water. About as moderate as it gets. Like a slightly cooler SF Bay area, but with no sun.

Actually we will be 5-10 degrees warmer and sunnier than San Francisco this week. That's often the case in summer. They get a lot of marine air and foggy mornings.
"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco." - Mark Twain.

I was in San Francisco twice in June and both times it was pretty hot for that area! I was surprised because other times we were there it was a bit chilly. There also did not seem to be as much fog this year when we were there. But, even though it was a bit warm for there, it got much hotter as we moved inland a bit. Really hot. Then there was the day in early June when I went over the mountains between Reno and Sacramento. It was 42 up on top with rain (snow along the roadside) but in Sacramento it was 90. Run the heater in one area, the air conditioner in the other.

Crazy weather. We went from setting coldest high and low temps in late June and July. I had a fire going on Father's Day. My son thought I was a little nuts, but I wanted to be warm in June, dagnabbit. Then, July 6th, someone flips the weather switch. In the past couple days we've shattered the record for high and overnight temps. Hit 95 at the airport yesterday. With our over-the-water AC we stayed at a comfortable 82. Glad that summer finally arrived. Now the corn can start really growing. But oh oh, there goes the water bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.