PB105 pellets per hour when Isolated. "No Load"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter

May 27, 2008
Chittenden VT
Does anyone know how many pounds the PB105 will burn per hour or a 24 hour period when isolated? In other words, turn off the circulator between the oil boiler and pb105 and just let it run. It will only have to maintain the temp with no load drawing it down.

I ran mine over a twelve hour period and it burned 10 pounds of pellets. I found this out because I forgot to turn the circulator back on.

I was just wondering because I want to make sure my PB105 is burning right.

10 lbs over 12 hr is pretty damn good.. based on what the esp is reading in relation to the aquastat and it's eventual heat loss over such a period i would think that # would be closer to 20lbs just to maintain minimum temp on manual (I know it's isolated, there is thermal loss, however)... that being said, was it on "auto" or "manual?"

Status
Not open for further replies.