PC45 board question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
I was wondering if I could use the platinum board (1-00-05886) on my PC45 since I've done the conversion to basically a P61 (see older thread). The only thing not converted over is the high pressure igniter. The new style board is $200 cheaper then my old style (1-00-05887) and I've heard rumors that Harman is phasing out some older stove parts. For that amount of money I could convert to a finned igniter if need be. I don't have any problems with my old board now but if I ever need one I want to be able to get one and don't really want to buy a $400 board to sit on the shelf as a spare. Just planning ahead.