1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    can I copy and paste a PDF to a post? if so how?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    You can attach it to the post using the Upload a File option.
  3. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

kool, ty
  4. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Not necessarily saying it would happen here - but thought I would throw this out as a general thing. Likely everyone knows, but be very careful with PDF files. I caught a very nasty computer ransomware bug (google cryptowall if interested) a week and a half ago that I was very lucky in suffering minimal damage from. I just happened to start a scan about an hour after it started doing its thing. I still haven't figured out where it came from, but online info points to coming in from a file zipped with a PDF, or something like that. I can't remember even downloading a zipped PDF file. So it's a mind boggler to me. My computer is still sluggish at times, mostly on startup, and I lost a few files. But I had most backed up from a couple weeks before that.

After that I ponied up for the paid Malwarebytes, updated my AVG to 2014, and also installed Avira. They all do their scheduled things at different times.

It was pretty darned shaky here for a couple days...
  5. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    good point Maple!

FWIW if i wasnt absolutely certain of the origin of the PDF i wouldnt have posted it. youre right to make mention of it though
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    You're limited to a certain file size here also - maybe something like 2.5 MB.

Really big ones are better sent by email or linked to.....if they are relevant, we can also put them in the wiki (if you send by email)