pdvc is vindictive

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to latch it that tight you probably need a new gasket. When my P61 was new it had a bit of a leak in one corner of the ash pan door. I always felt the gasket was not tight enough, so I stripped it off and installed the next size larger gasket. It sealed and felt like it should when latched without distorting anything or incorporating excessive force.. Just sayin.
I agree and at this point in time Englander believes that we have also hit the end of our rope. They have reviewed all of my continuous calls to customer service along with all of the warranty items and constant problems and we are looking towards the possibility of stove replacement under warranty. Stay tuned...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I agree and at this point in time Englander believes that we have also hit the end of our rope. They have reviewed all of my continuous calls to customer service along with all of the warranty items and constant problems and we are looking towards the possibility of stove replacement under warranty. Stay tuned...

Interesting.

Reactions: jjones139
Interesting.
But absolutely frustrating to me! As I said to the tech that I've been dealing with thank God that I am mechanically inclined because what would you do if I was not....

But absolutely frustrating to me! As I said to the tech that I've been dealing with thank God that I am mechanically inclined because what would you do if I was not....

Thankfully it seems that ESW has good CR. It sounds like they are willing to make you happy in the long run. Hopefully that will all take place before the real cold of winter sets in.

It is nice having that basement heat, we had a coal burner in ours years ago.I have my kerosene heater working intermittently in my basement now and I plugged up some air leaks down there. I still have an automatic vent window unit that is stuck open down there though, need to do something with it, even if I just cover it over for this year. But a huge difference down there and also out in the kitchen of the house on the main floor as well. It's not something to run 24/7 though, like a pellet stove. But if I like this enough, it might convince me to install the latter down there in a year or two.. I've been threatening to do that anyway.

Thankfully it seems that ESW has good CR. It sounds like they are willing to make you happy in the long run. Hopefully that will all take place before the real cold of winter sets in.

It is nice having that basement heat, we had a coal burner in ours years ago.I have my kerosene heater working intermittently in my basement now and I plugged up some air leaks down there. I still have an automatic vent window unit that is stuck open down there though, need to do something with it, even if I just cover it over for this year. But a huge difference down there and also out in the kitchen of the house on the main floor as well. It's not something to run 24/7 though, like a pellet stove. But if I like this enough, it might convince me to install the latter down there in a year or two.. I've been threatening to do that anyway.
I just got off the phone with Rodney from Englander customer service and I gotta tell you that him and I are probably going to sit down and have a beer one of these days LOL! Truthfully, he believes after all of this that it could be the door gasket so I am going to pick up a three quarter round door gasket and try that today. After replacing the window gasket and noticing that the glass was cracked and also that the installation of the gasket itself was improper during manufacture I must say that someone either couldn't wait to go to happy hour on a Friday or was hung over like an SOB on Monday when the stove was put together! He's also going to send me a burn pot gasket and I myself will install a thicker hopper gasket in attempt to rule that out. At this point I'm actually thinking of making a part-time business of being a pellet stove repair person LOL! This is beginning to sound like a soap opera so stay tuned as I will get the rope gasket for the door and install that a little later.

Nice jj, keep at it ! We will be watching for updates.

Last edited:
At this point I'm actually thinking of making a part-time business of being a pellet stove repair person LOL! This is beginning to sound like a soap opera so stay tuned as I will get the rope gasket for the door and install that a little later.
No one can ever say that you are not familiar with your pellet stove! Staying tuned for "As the pellet burns";lol Hoping you find the cure in all this ... make sure you let us know when you do...

Thanks for asking about my first day! it went well - going to like it there i think. Much better deal - going to really add to my pellet budget!

The worst part of the day was definitely the cold monday morning. stove has been running great since.

Thanks for asking about my first day! it went well - going to like it there i think. Much better deal - going to really add to my pellet budget!

The worst part of the day was definitely the cold monday morning. stove has been running great since.
Warm is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.