PE blower thermostat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckDog

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2010
Eastern Ontario
Just lit my first fire of the season in my S27. I added a blower kit a month ago but have not used it. So, my temp is around 800 but the blower has not kicked on. I do have it set to auto. If i flip the manual switch the blower comes on and responds to fan speed knob. Anyone know where the thermostat should kick in? How long before it kicks in?

Attachments

• 20121008_195528.jpg
    20121008_195528.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 207
Is that thermometer on the flue pipe? Seems a bit high unless this is soon after starting the fire and before the air control has been closed down. What is the stove top temp reading and how long has the stove been burning?

If its like the Summit its in the back low. The top of the sotve can get pretty hot before it kicks in, since it kicks when the whole stove is hot not just the top. So this is what I do. As soon as there seems like any heat available I turn it on low and manual. I adjust it manually to the speed I want, and when I go to bed, I put in to auto mode so that it turns off when the stove cools down and doesn't charge me to move around cool air.

Is that thermometer on the flue pipe? Seems a bit high unless this is soon after starting the fire and before the air control has been closed down. What is the stove top temp reading and how long has the stove been burning?

Yes flue and yes startup. Stovetop temp was unknown. Only burning for 10 or so minutes.

If its like the Summit its in the back low. The top of the sotve can get pretty hot before it kicks in, since it kicks when the whole stove is hot not just the top. So this is what I do. As soon as there seems like any heat available I turn it on low and manual. I adjust it manually to the speed I want, and when I go to bed, I put in to auto mode so that it turns off when the stove cools down and doesn't charge me to move around cool air.

Thanks. It never did come on in auto mode. Guess I'll take it off and unsure the thermostat connections are good before heading back to the dealer. At least removal and install is easy only involving 2 screws.

Yes flue and yes startup. Stovetop temp was unknown. Only burning for 10 or so minutes.

Make sure that the sensor has good physical contact with the stove. On a cold start up, the fan won't come on for a good 20-30 minutes after you have closed down the air control at least 3/4s. It takes a little time to get 500# of steel heated up. You need to get the body of the stove warmed up. This is intentional. You don't want to rob heat from the stove top until it is thoroughly warm. Once the stove body is warm, the fan will stay on all day long as long as the stove top is above ~200F.

After I bought my Summit I thought the thermostat on the fan was the best thing since sliced bread but I thought it turned off and on too late so never use it in auto mode any more.

Thanks guys, great info.
Yes, it does work in auto mode but it takes a long time kick in. I just had to wait longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.