PE BOOST MANIFOLD!!! UGH HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffrmp177

Dec 22, 2013
MI
I own a PE super insert and i am getting very frustrated, the boost manifold is "L" shaped with holes in it. Reading this site it sounds like it should be inserted right below the door with the holes facing towards the back of the stove. The person who installed the stove inserted it at the top of the stove ceiling right in front of the baffle with the holes facing down closer to the front. I can't find how to install this correctly ANYWHERE on the net, nor is it in the manual. Can someone please help, and finally put my mind at ease!!! THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR so mad.... even the store i bought it from said it goes up top, and the are authorized dealers!!! Finally have it where it belongs... below the door in the front, and can see the secondary burn up top... RELIEF!! TY!!

Glad to help. Unfortunately not all dealers are created equal. Enjoy your insert and call the dealer in the morning. You can help the next customer out.

You also should remember the pins sticking up from the bottom of the insert near the front door. The manifold fits exactly in between those pins.

Welcome to the forums !!

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
Time for PE to clean up some of their their dealer's & some distributors. Shaking my head.
You will love the stove though, excellent choice. Now that you have the manifold in the right place, it should burn great.

Last edited:
Time for PE to clean up some of their their dealer's & some distributors. Shaking my head.
Yu will love the stove though, excellent choice. Now that you have the manifold in the right place, it should burn great.
The dealer I bought my Summit from had never sold a PE before and even he got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.