PE EBT Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

Since some of the PE owners have blocked off the EBT port has any one remove it all together and installe a control over the port to give a shot of air to the lower part of the fire box or is that totaly off the wall or overkill, I know people usually want less air and under certain conditions you could easily overfire the stove with the extra air so probably a dumb idea. Thinking out loud this morning.

Why not just give it more air with that cute little primary air control thingy on the front?

Just a thought, the air for the EBT comes in in a different place and was wondering what effect it would have on the fire, it seems interesting on the smaller stoves that port seems to be wide open.

BrotherBart said:
Why not just give it more air with that cute little primary air control thingy on the front?
On your 30 dont you have primary air coming in from 2 places?

OK let me try this.
The Englander has 2 ways to get primary air, the air wash and the "doghouse" correct.
The PE stoves with EBT only get lower primary air through the EBT port correct?
Smaller PE stoves have this port open to the atmoshere correct?

The primary air control on PE's Summit Series models supplies combustion air to a plenum that delivers air to both the airwash intake across the top of the door and the boost air intake holes which span the stove under the door and point the air straight back at the coals. The EBT opens up when the temperature indicates the primary air control isn't giving the fire enough air for complete combustion, and bypasses the primary control to feed air to the same plenum.

The PE manual lists the boost air and primary combustion air as two separate things, this lead to my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.