PE SUMMIT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sensor for the fan is low on the outside rear, behind the firebrick. As such, it needs a long time and a lot of heat before it gets hot enough to start the fan. Not a bad design, IMO, it lets things get going well before the fan kicks on.

I definitely feel that we get much better heat output with the fan since it heats more air rather than just radiant heat.

Yes, I believe the fan causes horrible stove top thermometer readings. Very, very rarely does our thermometer read above 400F but that's okay, the stove still heats the house well. I believe the issue is the measurement, not the temperature.

I almost never close the air control all the way, that seems to pretty much kill the fire. Usually the minimum I set it at is about the width of the air control handle away from closed.

This is our fourth winter with the PE Summit. We are very happy with it.

Ken

This has been exactly my experience in the short time I've been using the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.