PE Super 27 secondary air question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
When I turn down the air on the stove, and the secondary air becomes active, I have noticed a "sheet" of flames that come from the back of the stove that seem to be originating from a gap between the baffle and piece of frame/angle iron. Is this part of the secondary air along with the holes in the baffle, or do I need to replace a gasket? Thanks.

Very normal. No worries. The only gasket back there is a square one where the baffle box meets the secondary air intake. It often fails but the stove will run fine without it. The sheet of flames is a good thing.

flame is good.

There are holes back there that get covered up by the support bracket making the flames get squashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.