PE Super 27 vs. TN 19

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. I see you opted not to get the ash drawer...good choice! Used mine about twice. Then I built a metal scoop, custom sized to fit the firebox. One scoop and the box is empty.
That's a great idea. I never thought any of the ash drawers really worked. The other reason I didn't opt for the ash drawer is I burn mostly Doug Fir and I only cleaned my 13NC three or four times per burning season so the 27 shouldn't need any more than that. I usually sweep the chimney and clean the ashes at the same time so I need the fire to burn out anyway.

Also on a nice side note. I just sold the Englander 13 I had in the house before. I sold it for $350 on CL, and it needed a new ceramic baffle board. Don't know if this is a great deal or not but Englanders aren't well known here in my area so I was happy with the price and so was the new owner!!

UPDATE: I want to bring this back up again. When doing my research here I would read so many posts asking questions yet so few returned with follow ups. So here are my thoughts after 3 months of burning this stove. The Super is our primary heat so we have burned this stove for the most part 24/7 since the middle of October. I can only speak great things about this stove. I am so happy with this purchase. I burn all the popular softwoods here on the West Coast and easily get overnight burns and then some. The stove is very simple to operate and my wife can easily start fires if she needs to.(She couldn't in the NC13) I cleaned the chimney once about a week ago and there was about a cup of fines that came out. I also replaced the baffle gasket while I had the baffle out. The gasket needed replaced as it was brittle. Overall as I said this stove is awesome and a great purchase. I would not hesitate to recommend this stove to anyone looking for a great steel stove.

Last edited:
Knew you'd be happy.

I've been burning it pretty hard today. Loaded up about 8am, and fixing for another here shortly. Not bad considering it was up to 700 at one point, and ran 550-600 for over three hours. Like winter here in northern Michigan.

That's hot ;)
1231141103.jpg

Reactions: zig
I saw that too and was trying to decide who it looked like. I decided on John Hausman. "How does your stove treat the wood? We burn it.".

"How do we make heat? The old-fashioned way." ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.