peach recipes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian89gp

Minister of Fire
Mar 15, 2008
Kansas City
Got 2 bushels of peaches to do something with, looking for all those awesome peach recipe's and methods to preserve them.

Reactions: btuser
Can them in a light simple syrup. They are delicious in the winter. Also try dehydrating some if you have a dehydrator. Peach pie is delicious. Freeze up some batches with a little sugar and lemon juice coating so that you can have pies all winter.

Reactions: rideau
Peach shortcake;)

I gotta da peaches myself. I'm planning on canning.

I purposely buy peaches to can. Nothing like fresh peaches in the winter! I just can them in a super light syrup so you can use them for anything, anytime. Open them up when you want to make a cobbler, drunkin' peaches or just to put on a bowl of cheerios ;)

Cobbler is awesome. My wife made open face peach pie last week, that's awesome too :)

We much prefer the peaches frozen. We peel and slice them and the only thing we put on the peaches is fruitfresh.

Hint: When getting peaches out of freezer during the winter most people don't like the fact that they turn brown pretty fast. That does not have to happen! Put a dish of frozen peaches in the microwave and zap them for 15-20 seconds. Then put as many of them into another dish (depending on how many you want at that time), then zap them again for 15-20 seconds.

This is how we unthaw them and find them superior to canned peaches. I enjoy fruit on cereal for breakfast but don't like the danged things when they turn brown. Doing them as above, they just don't turn brown. They might if you left them set for a long period but we've not had it happen.

Another vote for cobbler! Nothing makes cobbler like peaches!

This was our best harvest several years ago. Frost peach, the fruit was sublime. Unfortunately some damn beetle got under the bark and a few years later the tree was gone.

got_peaches_sm.jpg IMG_1161web.JPG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.