Pellet Bags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
Are the empty pellet bags recyclable? My daughter just bought home a paper from school about collecting plastic bags. It sounds like thinner grade plastic bags, but it would be great to recycle the pellet bags.

I don't really know, but I use mine in my kitchen and laundry room trash cans.
They're a good fit and I can really stuff them without ripping.

in my city, yes, they do plastic up to #4, my friend brings his bags to my house a few times a season, his town won't take them, so it's not all towns call your p.w. dept. for info about your town or city.

The local Agway has a large bin outside for recycling pellet bags.

I use them for kitchen tash liners, but I can't use all of them, my local transfer station takes them, so I don't actually throw that many out.

Thanx. guess I should have added that I use them for trash bags, but the school will win prizes for the most bags recycled.

Our bags go out to the curb with the rest of the recycles each week.
The bags are #4 plastic which are acceptable in our town.

We used to get this question quite often at Maine Woods Pellet. We bought a compactor and we can take your empty pellet bags and pallet covers.
It's difficult to find a place to recycle the LDPE 4 plastic because it's barely worth as much as the trucking costs to ship it to a recycling center.
I couldn't attach a PDF but you can find last year's press release here: http://www.mainewoodspelletco.com/Press_Release_Maine_Woods_Pellet_8-11-10.pdf

jmart said:
I don't really know, but I use mine in my kitchen and laundry room trash cans.
They're a good fit and I can really stuff them without ripping.

Ya they are great except for liquids.I put wild turkey guts in one once and let it sit on the garage floor for a few days.What a mess.

the local dump/transfer station takes ours along with the rest of the plastic recycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.