pellet dealers, rochester nh area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Works Biofuels in Berwick, ME carries Spruce Point, Corinth amdn Maine's Choice
Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls carries Okies, Dragon Mountain, NEWP plus others
Middleton Lumber carries NEWP
Dodges Agway carries Cubex
There's another in southern Maine that carries Barefoot, but the name escapes me right now

I'm sure there are more....I am still searching for the best price/high quality combo for my second year purchase

I bought my last ton at Great work bio. First time I bought Spruce point and will be buying them again.

You can pic up or they will deliver.

trbinrat said:
I bought my last ton at Great work bio. First time I bought Spruce point and will be buying them again.

You can pic up or they will deliver.

Good to know as I am leaning towards using Dave at Great Works for 2 ton of Spruce Point

Be prepared as Spruce point comes 1.2t per skid. So expect to have a little more cash come out of your wallet.

Does Great works charge a maine sales tax?

pelletizer said:
Does Great works charge a maine sales tax?

Should not be charging tax for fuel

Thanks for the reminder trbinrat...guess that would be 2.4 ton

no tax on fuel in Maine

Thanks for all the help, ended up getting okie's from dodge's agway. $250 a ton for 4 tons and delivery of the whole load for $50.

nhfury said:
Thanks for all the help, ended up getting okie's from dodge's agway. $250 a ton for 4 tons and delivery of the whole load for $50.

That's a good price for Okies. Are they the clear or the white bags? Also, was this the Dodges in Hampton Falls?

The delivery is coming in next tuesday so I will post bag type then. Yes coming from north hampton. They were very helpful at the counter and great over the phone. I tried to buy from home and hearth but they were more expensive and over twice the cost for delivery. The bags I tried from them were clear, I believe. I tried okie's and cubex from them. dragon mtn and rocky mtn's from home and hearth and lg's from mcmanus in Barrington.

nhfury said:
The delivery is coming in next tuesday so I will post bag type then. Yes coming from north hampton. They were very helpful at the counter and great over the phone. I tried to buy from home and hearth but they were more expensive and over twice the cost for delivery. The bags I tried from them were clear, I believe. I tried okie's and cubex from them. dragon mtn and rocky mtn's from home and hearth and lg's from mcmanus in Barrington.

How did you like the Cubex? I have not had a chance to try those. I have tried all the otheres that you did except the LG's from mcmanus.

I agree that Home and Hearth is more $$ on the Okies, but tyhose are definately fresh product there. Bear in mind that the clear bags are older product, but should be ok if stored properly and kept dry by Dodges. In fact I still have about 24 clear bags left over from BJ's in the basement for next season. The Okies really heated the house well during the coldest parts if this past season. Far better than the Green Teams.

cubex burned best but could not justify extra $60 per ton vs okies. all the stock i saw at dodge's was in there storage shed and they said they have a bigger storage facility in plaistow, nh. all the pallets i saw were wrapped real nice and tight. bags I got were all nice and dry.

FWiW, I have found Home and Hearth less than friendly. That plus the higher prices and I will take my business to Agway. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and, yes, the pellets are stored indoors.

Chan

We purchased our stove next door to agway at alternative energy, another great experience, and they rec'd that we try agway for pellets. when i first went into agway the lady told me not to buy just one pellet, she rec'd that I try at least 2 different brands. when I left there and went to home and hearth to pick up 2 more different pellets they could have cared less if i was there. they made no suggestions and no rec's, when i decided to buy 2 bags each of rocky mtn and dragon mtn the lot guy was less than helpful in telling me where the pellets were on the lot. We will probably stay with agway unless someone opens closer to us and offers the same service. I would rather pay a little more to get the service, but we feel we are getting the service and the better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.