Pellet fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelleting In NJ said:
I wanted the Quad Edge-60 pellet fireplace bad.....but with that price, you will never break-even on the cost of this unit, compared to your fuel savings. I have spoken to 3 Quad dealers...none have sold a single unit. I kept on asking if they would sell me the floormodel at a steep discount...but nobody would do this. One dealer advised me to wait for Quad to discontinue it, due to slow sales, and then I might be able to negotiate a discount. Good-luck..........I bought an Ecoteck instead....for about $1800 less

Depends on your savings in Oil/LP/Gas/Electric.

I save about $3,000 a yr over LP. With Propane being around $3.50 a gallon, and using 3-4 500 gallons fills a year. I use roughly $800 in pellets. This year will be about $500 and a few cord of wood (added a wood stove this season for pellet reduction.

In just over one season my 1st stove paid for itself (Quad 1200) and the pad, and venting. The rest is money in the bank. Saved up for a couple years and bought a wood stove and the Pellet furnace for this season. (Paid less for both of those, than I paid for the Quad!)..

All depends on your savings. Some save more than others. Same save nothing. Its all about the enjoyment of burning pellets, staying warm, and saving a buck (if you can).

Status
Not open for further replies.