1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Flame and Brand

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Big E, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Big E

Big E Member

Loc:
    Upstate Panhandle NY
    Ok, so switched brands of pellets this year and now that i'm using a pellet with a super premium label and 100% hard wood, it looks as if the flame is about to rifle right up the feed chute...any big-e users ever concerned with this? FYI, i have been mixing pellets to keep the flame down and produce less heat, but still run it to give a good clean burn. I am just concerned these new pellets are too hot.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stillersnut

stillersnut Member

Loc:
    south central pa.
    I have had same problem with somersets, and hammer. Both pellets are really small in size, and have a tendency to feed fast, burn hot & fast, even w feed rate turned down. I mix them w shoulder season or longer pellets, seems to work. I can't complain about it, after all, things could be worseI
  3. Woody1911a1

Woody1911a1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Marblehead , Ma
    what's this feed chute you are referring to ?

[​IMG]

do you mean that egg shaped hole just above the firepot that I see when I shut the stove down to clean it ?
  4. Woody1911a1

Woody1911a1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Marblehead , Ma
    hey guys , yea i was being a wise a** but you really don't need to worry about that .

IF your stove is maintained and breathing properly the combustion blower will be creating a vacuum in the combustion chamber and suck air through that chute and not allow flames to go up it .

yea i know it looks scarey but you're going to get comfortable with it after a while . kinda like the first time you leave home with your stove running .