Pellet furnace help. C'mon experts give it to me :)!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

selby

Oct 6, 2016
Ohio
The wife and I decided a pellet furnace is our best bet to keep us comfy, as opposed to a pellet stove in the basement or insert upstairs.

I found a dealer about 70mi from me with a Farenheight Endurance 50K BTU for 3000$, and a local dealer with a Harman pf120 120K BTU for 4500$ used. After install the pf120 would end up being only about 1000$ more then the Farenheight, because the pf120 dealer is local and wants to move the unit.

My house is one story brick ranch- 1100 sq ft upstairs (double wall brick, new windows, 2 ft of insulation in attack) and 1000 sq ft in the basement (cinder blocks, unfinished).

Opinions on which I should chose? Is the pf120 complete overkill and maybe hurt efficiency/air quality/creosote/insert problem here?

IIRC, Harman no longer makes pellet furnaces? How is parts availability? Why was it sold back to the dealer?

ChrisWNY heats his 2500 Sq ft home with the Endurance. Hasn't been around for a while but could search his comments. Steenbeen also has one. Use the search box top right to locate further info...

He bought it 2 yrs ago and hardly uses it. He says I could still find parts but I haven't done my own research.

Thanks, I'll look up those threads.

Reactions: Lake Girl
The Harman would be total overkill for your house. The fahrenheit would probably be a pretty nice unit.

I've heated my house with a pellet furnace for the last two years, and it is great. Even, balanced heat in all rooms. Noise and mess in the basement where it belongs. I'll never go back to a free standing stove. I'm currently heating 3200 sq ft (2400 above ground) with a St. Croix Revolution. 60K btu.

On a related note, I'm in NW OH, and have a St. Croix SCF 050 for sale. Used for one year, works perfectly. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I can give you more details.

Parts are still readily available for the PF120. Harman isn't selling any new units, but they are still providing parts. I haven't had any issues getting what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.