Pellet Master PM 3000 Hopper Door Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cool daddy

Dec 8, 2009
Northern Virginia
Hello Everyone,
I ordered a new hopper gasket for my PM from Climitic Control Systems when they were in business and installed it last year only to find that it would not seal because it is to hard. Can anyone give me information on where I can get the correct gasket or what to do. I have completely serviced my stove, oiling the motors and cleaning the fans, cleaning under the burn ring, and cleaning the exhaust of the ash there. I have had this stove since 1993 and done all the maintenance on it, replacing the augar bearing a number of times; had no problems that I could not fix until now. The exhaust pipe which is over twelve feet tall has had a chemney brush run down it. I would hope that the chemney cap was not put on to tight, a possibility and which I should check I guess.

Cool daddy,

the owner of Climate Control Systems was Rod Poplarchick, who is a member/moderator on this forum. I'm sure that if you send him a PM and ask where to get parts these days, he'll help you out if he can. His forum "name" here is "Hearthtools"

cool daddy said:
Hello Everyone,
I ordered a new hopper gasket for my PM from Climitic Control Systems when they were in business and installed it last year only to find that it would not seal because it is to hard. Can anyone give me information on where I can get the correct gasket or what to do. I have completely serviced my stove, oiling the motors and cleaning the fans, cleaning under the burn ring, and cleaning the exhaust of the ash there. I have had this stove since 1993 and done all the maintenance on it, replacing the augar bearing a number of times; had no problems that I could not fix until now. The exhaust pipe which is over twelve feet tall has had a chemney brush run down it. I would hope that the chemney cap was not put on to tight, a possibility and which I should check I guess.

"would not seal because it is to hard." ????
the gasket? where did you have it stored?
I just replaced 2 of them on service calls I did this week and they were fine. I they must have been the same batch as what we sent you.
Unfortunately I dont have anymore.
Im not sure if they have any yet but you might want to try woodheatstoves.com they are the only company I know that is trying to locate parts for the PM.

Let me look at this door again, because I noticed that after I installed the new gasket to the door, the door did not come down flat to the stove top and had to be forced down causing the latch to be misaligned. What do you think, could the door hinge be bent wrong somehow?

cool daddy said:
Let me look at this door again, because I noticed that after I installed the new gasket to the door, the door did not come down flat to the stove top and had to be forced down causing the latch to be misaligned. What do you think, could the door hinge be bent wrong somehow?
or maybe you have the gasket to far back and it is on top of the hinge

the gasket is made of a firm rubber. harder that lets say a door seal to a car

Status
Not open for further replies.