Pellet mill fire in WI Edit:Pallet not pellet!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
I was watching the news tonight and saw that there was a mill on fire in WI. Anybody have an update?? I wont get much info here in CT about that. Hope no one was injured!

Just saw there was ANOTHER pallet and pellet company fire in Sheboygan county in eastern Wisconsin. They make Badgerland pellets...

smoke show said:
krooser said:
Just saw there was ANOTHER pallet and pellet company fire in Sheboygan county in eastern Wisconsin. They make Badgerland pellets...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38477770

My local news reported as wood pellet co. Now I see they have it as a wood pallet co. Funny what 1 little letter will do to you. Glad there was no injuries reported.

Sucks that it was arson though. Do insurance companies still pay if its arson??

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
krooser said:

My local news reported as wood pellet co. Now I see they have it as a wood pallet co. Funny what 1 little letter will do to you. Glad there was no injuries reported.

My buddy wants to come out with the worlds first pallet stove (he's a trucker), you put in in like a floppy disk.

j-takeman said:
smoke show said:
krooser said:

quoted from the link I posted-

He says his other business, Badgerland Pellets, adjacent to Lakeshore Pallets, was not as badly damaged. Badgerland makes wooden pellets for fuel. Bender hopes Badgerland Pellets can be up and running again soon.

Pallet section total loss, partial damage to pellet plant. Primary business was pallet, pellet fit in nicely because of scrap.
Orginal story called fire start suspicious, Likely some sparks from cutting through nails in old pallets smoldering in sawdust collection. This happen to one of my customers several years ago. took half his plant out, (also a pallet mfg) before it was under control.

Have seen flames in the tube leading from my hammer mill where a piece of wood has caught on the side and the friction has ignited. Fortunately due to the length of pipe between the hammer mill and the feed hopper it was cool enough not to set the feed hopper on fire. Pleased we specified clear tube otherwise we would not have thought of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.