1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Mill for Sale - Unadilla NY

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by RCCARPS, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RCCARPS

RCCARPS New Member

Loc:
    South Eastern PA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    Looks like the ad has been removed or something.
  3. RCCARPS

RCCARPS New Member

Loc:
    South Eastern PA
  4. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Pellet mill for sale in MN as well. Just couldn't compete with mills in Wisconsin I guess.
  5. SmokeEater

SmokeEater Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern NY
    It's my understanding that grass pellets are similar in Btu content to those of wood which is a plus only if the price is equivalent per Btu or better. I needs to be some better, because I understand that the grass pellet also produces significantly more ash due to the higher mineral content of the grasses vs trees. I think some stoves and boilers might have a more difficult time with the grass pellets due to that higher mineral content of the grass vs. the wood pellet. Does anyone know the price per ton and the ash content in percent by weight?
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    In the grass thread imacman started a few seasons back(check page 4, where we started posting pic's of the ash results).

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/grass-pellets-on-cl-gasification-video-too.45829/

We found that Timothy grass pellets had over 3x the ash content of wood pellets. The mineral at fault is silica the grass pulls from the soil. Letting the grass sit(or season) does reduce the content, But its still much higher than a good ol' wood pellet.