Pellet Mishap (links work now)

Shane Posted By Shane, Feb 22, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

    Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 21, 2005
    1,831
    3
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    This person had some pellets fall in front of the convection tubes and apparantly one of them was expelled burning their carpet. It filled their entire house with smoke. The children were the only ones home (old enough to be alone) and with their quick thinking they immediately exited the home and called the fire department who arrived within minutes and stopped the fire before it spread. Scary stuff. Little details.

    1,2,3
     
  2. hearthtools

    hearthtools
    Moderator Emeritus 2.
    NULL
    

    Jan 6, 2006
    2,021
    31
    Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    your links to the images dont work here ither
     
  3. Shane

    Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 21, 2005
    1,831
    3
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
  4. Corey

    Corey
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 19, 2005
    2,296
    156
    Loc:
    Midwest
    Still not working for me. I notice the word "session" in the url. Is this some service that you have to log on to to see the photos? If so, you will probably have to download them and attach to a post.

    Corey
     
  5. Shane

    Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 21, 2005
    1,831
    3
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
  6. Corey

    Corey
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 19, 2005
    2,296
    156
    Loc:
    Midwest
    Links are coming through now. Wow - from all that ash up there, I would say they had "chronic problems" with pellets getting in by the tubes. Looks like there must have been handfulls of them considering what was still on the stove and what looks like blew out on the floor!

    Corey
     
  7. Xena

    Xena
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 30, 2005
    2,494
    92
    Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Something doesn't seem right there. Only thing that gets up there on
    our stove is ash.
     
  8. Shane

    Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 21, 2005
    1,831
    3
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    It seems weird the pellets were down in there. Maybe the kids filled it and spilled some or something I didn't ask about that the insurance co. wanted me to look at it and see if it was due to faulty installation. While the stove was improperly installed, the problems with the installation wouldn't have caused the fire. The only reasonable explanation is that one of those pellets ignited and a large enough spark was blown out into the room.
     
  9. DavidV

    DavidV
    New Member 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 20, 2005
    792
    1
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    That's something. anyone else see the pictures and think they were keeping their pellets awfully close to the stove?
     
  10. babalu87

    babalu87
    New Member 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 23, 2005
    1,440
    1
    Loc:
    middleborough, ma.
    Yes thats pretty close
    Imagine if the fire started on that side
     
  11. Xena

    Xena
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL
    

    Nov 30, 2005
    2,494
    92
    Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Yes. Even though that wasn't the cause of the fire, it's still not a smart move.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page