Pellet Pig Application

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
I guess it's about time to submit my application for pig status.

Stats: 5.5 tons of Somersets neatly tucked away in basement and an unrelenting urge to keep buying
and/or taking advantage of Menards and Lowes
All hauled via Ford Fusion (yes I can haul a half ton in it), my pickup truck and trailer, or the
wifey's Tahoe (handles a ton well) and tranferred by hand to basement (it's good to have a
17yr. old boy with a strong back!!!)
2 stoves (10-CPM and Baby Countryside) and a biomass furnace (Illinois Corn Stoves a.k.a.
"the beast")
240bu of corn in storage

1/2 ton in a Fusion? That had to be fun and worth a few extra points! ::P

I think you have meet the needed requirements. You get my thumbs up! :cool:

What do the others think?

Reactions: Defiant
First frost is when?

Your call Mr. J.

He seems to be getting there just stay away from the pellets and beer thread, it might not be safe right now if you are a pig.

Someone say "Free beer"?

Kenis tells me your a hell of a pig. ;lol

yep, twas just happy hour....

We could make this the right thread.

Me and Dew (jrsdws) were talking about his stash and he keeps sending me updates on his stash. Its about time he applied.

5.5 is plenty. Thats not counting the corn he has. Ive got your back. I say he is a Pig...

What say the Mighty ones?? Is he worthy??

If you want beer in the meeting fridge it is the right thread! Dues money ring a bell??? ==c

But no one mentioned free beer the beer talk should be in the likely well off topic 10 reasons thread.

I haven't seen the money launderer (I mean club treasurer) imacman doing his job lately.

Well Mr. J are you going to award the Oinks or does Dexter have to do it today?

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK!
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves"-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

For a Pig such as he... I will take the honors..

Jrsdws- Please add this to your signature. Your a proud new memeber. Even though imacman is unavailable at the time. All beer money, er, ummm, I mean Dues are due before full membership is given.. ;)

Reactions: jtakeman
But no one mentioned free beer the beer talk should be in the likely well off topic 10 reasons thread.

I haven't seen the money launderer (I mean club treasurer) imacman doing his job lately.

Well Mr. J are you going to award the Oinks or does Dexter have to do it today?
Ahh, Dex beat me to it! Yeah, where is he been lately? I hope he filled the fridge!
Jrsdws- Welcome to the club! Imacman will be along to collect the beer~ err membership dues money! ==c

*wipes a tear from my eye*...thanks fellas

Now what about this "Gold Star Multifuel Club"?

If you have one of then funny devices that can actually burn other than wood pellets you can add that to your sig.

Its there for the stoves that can burn anything with ease.... Something in which the CPM can do easily?? Gotta ask Jay on that one?? My Fahrenheit will burn a multitude of fuels... So maybe I should look into it??? ;) And the CPM (due in before next season)....!!

Sounds like you're a multifueler to me already!! I have three multifuelers so I'm considering an officer's position.

Reactions: DexterDay
I though the stars were for the number of stoves owned and a few other things. I kind of added the multifuel club thing myself, And isn't part of the pig club. But it didn't take off as there aren't many multifuels to be had yet.

I might have to review the old thread and see what it was actually from?

Here is the requirements thread by Eric,

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-pig-membership-requirements.23370/

A qoute of that thread.

Just a suggestion and can be voted for at the next meeting. I think we will adopt a voting policy such as the nextel fireman's commercial.​
Just so we got the requirements down in writing. Feel free to add or comment on the minimum requirements​
Must have​
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.​
Must have two of the following three​
a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card​
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card​
c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card​
Thanks for your support​
Eric​

Looks to me you'd get a gold star as well! Feeding 3 of them would be gold+ even! :cool:

You can add the multifuel part if you have burned corn or other multifuels. ;)

Free beer and now a tear in my eye from the memories.

Eric

Reactions: Defiant
Alright I had one Lowes 10% coupon left and just happened to be in the neighborhood this morning soooo....another 20 bags in the Fusion. I couldn't let that 10% go to waste as it expired today. $3.19 a bag for Somersets...how could I pass it up?

You pigs are sick.

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.