1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Preferences and reviews

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jimmieguns, Feb 9, 2013.

1. schoondog

schoondog Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    dutchess county, n.y.
    If you find Hamers let me know ! Loved them, but they haven't been around for a few years. We did have Winter Warmth (I think ) at Home Depot a few years ago too. They were manufactured by Hamer.

Schoondog

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Hey Mark, How've ya been?

Winter Warm and Hardwood heat are MIA this season. Could be because they are only using the Elkins plant. Mt Hope may have been shut? No really sure, But I heard a rumor that its no longer in operation. If anyone has info, Please pass it one?
  3. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    Good news...Good news Quickrich....You can. Those Turman's that you speak about up "our way" are actually made down "your way!" Galax, VA. I am sure that you have a dealer near you. I will PM you a contact number for their sales office. Enjoy.
  4. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    Correctamundo Bro........What once was Hamer's production mill in Mt. Hope, WV is currently part of an expanded Boy Scoput Camp. Totally converted andthere is no going back. The good news is that the Elkins plant, which is the one that makes the Ultra-Premiums, is still alive and well. But let me attest to your hearing of the rumor....it is a fact.
    jtakeman likes this.
  5. quickrch

quickrch Member

Loc:
    Northern, VA
    thanks, I think I have enough for this year. but I'll call there for next year.