1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Prices - Auburn/Lewiston Maine

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by j00fek, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
    i have been calling around for prices in the past 2 days, obviously they have risen from early june...

Lowes has Green Team, Somerset and Pennington Pellets all are 268.50/Ton i have burnt many tons of the green teams and they are the best i have burnt, looking into the Somerset.

Home Depot - Pennington Pellets - 225/Ton Free Delivery on 5 Tons

Aubachon Maine St Lewiston - 279.99 Softwood Pellets not sure the brand, First week of July Starting June 30 Energex 259.50/Ton 2Ton Max (this is only a promo till they run out)

Paris Famers Union Center St Auburn - 279.99/Ton Softwood

FireSide Stove upper Center St - 279.99/Ton New England Wood Pellets

im looing into the somersets now because lowes said the green team plant is falling behind, could anyone chime in if they have burn those.

thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    My understanding was that the Aubuchon prices were $249.99 during the sale. Maybe it varies by location. The softwood brand they use is Energex.
    You are limited to ordering 2 tons per week. However, I think you could get 4 tons easily if you ordered at the beginning and the end of the week. They don't seem to be too vigilant about this requirement. Heck, you could probably order 2 more tons from a different sales clerk. There is also nothing wrong with having your spouse come in and order two tons during the same week that you order. I was told that the limit was a per person limit, although they aren't really advertising this fact.

I've heard mixed reviews for Energex. I burned them last year (the softwood ones) and had absolutely no complaints. But YMMV.

I would avoid Penningtons like the plague. Hopefully they have improved, but I bought some last year and they put out an amazing amount of ash. I can't even begin to describe how much more ash they produced than other brands I tried. I'll be curious to hear some reports regarding this year's production.
  3. Snipe

Snipe New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    I live in Lewiston and I had an interesting experience with lowes which I've posted below. Just be careful with them.

4. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
    just checked with lowes because im needing 2 more tons and they are almost out of the green team.

but they have plenty of the somerset pellets

take a chance if you want on the penningtons.......
  5. atheriault

atheriault New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Anybody heard anything about the Somerset pellets?
  6. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.