pellet pro 2 combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonrfarber

Nov 21, 2009
bangor,pa
My harman pellet pro is suppose to have a variable speed combustion blower and I remember hearing it changing speeds last season, but seems to just run at one speed now and flame seems tall and lazy , does anyone have any ideas?

I start with the basic's of cleaning it and adding some lube. Could be its getting tight from no lubrication. I am not sure on what recommended for the oil, So might want to check the manual. But most motors are using 20W non detergent or 3 in 1 in the blue can. WD-40 will not last and is to light, But makes a good cleaner to help it spin free again. I also us contact cleaner to clean the motor windings and then so compressed air to remove the dust and goo. This is all manual labor and it doesn't cost much. Much cheaper than a new motor!

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.