1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

pellet prognostications

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by saichele, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    I did not see at first you where repying about another post
    LOL

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    We as well dont have NG in our area. Oh, and oil isnt unfamiliar for me either.....family has been selling it since the mid-forties. But pellets and corn are certainly more renewable than NG. Im not afraid of not selling pellets stoves at all...its a one-time sale.....id more worry about not selling pellets. I like to think I can change with the times as well.
    Noone has mentioned safety and cleanliness tho. What about the annoying instance where someones house gets vaporized from NG? I know, I know, that NEVER happens....yes, it DOES, its just that its not publicized well....all the gas customers would be in a panic.
    As for corn, that sounds good, but again, the trucking would kill us here in the Northeast.....and as for the rats and mice...ew.
  3. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Roac,

There are no natural gas lines where I live, so you have a choice of:

-Oil (heating oil comes from Venezuela, and Hugo Chavez can go f himself)
    -Propane (derivative of petroleum refining, OPEC or Hugo Chavez, they can both go f themselves)
    -Electric
    -Alternative energy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.