Pellet Stove Auger Motor and Component Rustoleum Metalic Chrome Spray Paint?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Does anyone paint their pellet stoves components with Rustoleum Chrome Spray Paint?

It really perks up a dusty old auger motor!
Good for Blower casings too!

This maybe mandatory when Pimping a Pellet Stove?

See pic with black arrow pointing to painted area below:

Click to Enlarge:

Attachments

• AugerMotorChromeSprayBA.JPG
    AugerMotorChromeSprayBA.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 322
I don't think there's a large enough audience for "Pimp My Stove" to get off the ground, but best of luck! :)

Out of site, out of mind. Why waste the time and effort on something that does not help performance. I may paint the auger and hopper with graphite paint but that should help ease the work load of the motor and extend its life. My opinion anyway for what little it matters:)

I don't think there's a large enough audience for "Pimp My Stove" to get off the ground, but best of luck! :)
Thanks for your kind wishes.
I am actually in the process of pimping an older 2005 Lopi Yankee Bay for someone. Besides the normal satin black paint and repair, here are the performance upgrades:
1. Upgrade old oillite sae 841 bronze auger bearing that was gummy and lost it's lubrication to a permanently lubricated Nylon bearing
2. Upgrade auger motor to GA ball bearing higher torque Auger Motor.
3. Upgrade 5" single paddle impeller blade to a more precision balanced double paddle impeller blade for improved low draft and longer lasting exhaust blower.
4. Upgrade 1.0 amp close frame exhaust blower to heavy duty 1.75 amp open frame exhaust blower for easier starting, longer life, and better low drafting.
5. Upgraded knob control panel to digital control panel.
6. Painted black grill in front of heat exchanger ultra high temp flat aluminum paint for high performance look!

Can also upgrade T-Stat to Skytech remote control or Ecobee WiFi stat for use with iPhone. -:)

Alot of pimping can be done so I hope it caches on!

Last edited:
Out of site, out of mind. Why waste the time and effort on something that does not help performance. I may paint the auger and hopper with graphite paint but that should help ease the work load of the motor and extend its life. My opinion anyway for what little it matters:)

Hi
I like Slip Plate for the hopper. It is used on grain silos in the mid west.

Still like to keep inside the stove clean and free of dust so the convection blower does not blow the dust out the front.

Sounds like a lot of money spent on parts
I only replace parts when necessary. Or is this stove a race car ?

What makes you think a double impeller is better balanced?They go out to the lowest bidder.And I do not remember that being used on a travis stove,it is a high altitude fix for harmans.So you are modding a stove to work outside of its design paremeters?Hope I do not run into one of these mods.

Sounds like a lot of money spent on parts
I only replace parts when necessary. Or is this stove a race car ?

It was a junk stove that needs a fix up.
The double paddle fan blade really helps it work better on low heat settings to keep the ash from caking up in the burnpot. The problem with the single paddle blade, is a lot of ash builds up under the blades on the mounting hub that really constricts the air flow! The double paddle blade prevents a lot of this and has much more even air flow below the blades as well as above the blades! Just a well designed setup that works more smoothly as the stove gets dirty!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.