Pellet stove backup for a Regency Greenfire 55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wchancey

Jun 2, 2009
Mid Michigan
For my pellet stove back up I have a Honda 1000EUi which provides clean power for sensitive electronics.

It will run 10 to 12 hours on a tank of gas , which is slightly less than 1 gallon and extremely quite.

It is perfect for extended power outage , but I am looking for solutions for longer term outages.

What I would like is a battery backup to work in conjunction with my generator. I know I would need a deep cycle battery , inventer , and charger , although my generator has a dc oulet for charging batteries , but I don't know if that is the kind I would need.

I would be looking for a battery system that could run the stove for close to 12 hours at a time and that could be charged at the same time the generator is powering the stove. I would like to do this so that the generator is not running all the time and to save on gas , and also to save on elecxtricty when the stove is running 24/7.

I am going to be ordering a tri fuel kit to convert the generator to run on gas, propane, and (natural gas wich I can't get.)

I know the battery question has been done to death on here but my poor old senior mind is just not getting it.

Also I have a KILL A WATT meter , should I be looking at amps, watt , or volts for choosing a battery and inverter

In my old age I have become a SHTF kind of a person and I like to have backup plans for my backup plans, and any kind of solar backup is almost out of the question.

Could a kind soul please provide some answers for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.