Pellet Stove blowing smoke into room

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could add a clamp at anytime. If the used a pellet vewnt brush which is soft nylon, I doubt it would wreck the flex. But it would stress it enough to make the sealent leak.

Only way I know to find the leaks is with a bright light while its just starting(smokiest). If its smoking that bad, I would say you should be able to see whereits coming from. Otherwise don't run it until you have the guy come back to fix all the leaks. Make sure he runs it while he there.

Do you have a working CO detector in the home?
Sure do.

I'll add a clamp and see if that improves things. For some reason it seems to be coming from the right side of the machine, but smoke is tricky to nail down. I'll keep trying anyways.

Looks like a single wall SS tee. I don't think they have adapters for them. Looks like lots of goop all over the place. Hard to tell where it could leak. But I don't see a clamp on the flex connection, I'd say if he was shoving a brush up it it might have made it leak there too.
What is the flex pipe for. Is it hooked to the tee for exhaust or is it fresh air intake?

Should I consider replacing the flexible pipe? This is a fireplace insert by the way, just realized I forgot to mention that in the beginnning.

Status
Not open for further replies.