Pellet stove controll power up problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veshragh

Nov 19, 2011
West OR
I change my stove ignitor and then the stove controller would not turn On, I bought a new controller and that too does not power up. I have power to the controller, the fuse is good, i even by passed all the sensors and switches and still the controller does not power up. Any suggestion would be appriciated.

Check the fuse for the control board? You may have pinched a wire for the ignitor, or the new ignitor could be bad.
Telling us what stove you have will help us help you. You could even put it in your sig line.

Yes i did try without the ignitor on both old and new controller and none would power up. I just retried it again and nothing. I have power in the contoller but none of the display lights com on.
thanks,

The stove is a withfield pellet stove profile 30. The fuse on both controllers are good. I get 117.8V power on both side of the controller fuse. I have 117.8V on the black/white main power.

When power is available does the ON/Off button on the controller supposeto be ON (green)? I am not getting that at all like there is nopower to the unit. I switched plugs from adifferent circuit and not diiference. I am thinking the new controller perhaps is also faulty. I tried all other sensors and all seems to be OK.
Not sure what has gone wrong by just changing the ignitor.

thanks for your help.

I'm not familiar with your control - but is it possible that the membrane is not actually pushing the switch? There was a thread that mentioned someone's controller doing just that - the button didn't line up with the spot on the membrane. Just throwing it out there...

veshragh said:
The stove is a withfield pellet stove profile 30. The fuse on both controllers are good. I get 117.8V power on both side of the controller fuse. I have 117.8V on the black/white main power.

When power is available does the ON/Off button on the controller supposeto be ON (green)? I am not getting that at all like there is nopower to the unit. I switched plugs from adifferent circuit and not diiference. I am thinking the new controller perhaps is also faulty. I tried all other sensors and all seems to be OK.
Not sure what has gone wrong by just changing the ignitor.

thanks for your help.

I am thinking the new controller is faulty too. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.