Pellet Stove for under $1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

katwillny

Feb 12, 2016
NY
My coworker is in the market of a pellet stove for his 1000 sq ft house however his budget is $1200. I suggested he tries the Depot or Lowes and look into the Summer's Heat/Englander. Last year I got a good deal on a Summers Heat 2,200-sq ft unit which i like very much. Any thoughts or suggestions?
thanks in advance
Kat

Englander is good. Checking Craigslist constantly can yield hidden gems when people want to get rid of stoves because they upgrade to another heating system, or buy a house with a pellet stove they don't want. Harmans are always good. Just make sure they know the stove capacity to what is required.

Castle Serenity, Many happy owners here, super easy to clean and excellent customer service

My coworker is in the market of a pellet stove for his 1000 sq ft house however his budget is $1200. I suggested he tries the Depot or Lowes and look into the Summer's Heat/Englander. Last year I got a good deal on a Summers Heat 2,200-sq ft unit which i like very much. Any thoughts or suggestions?
thanks in advance
Kat
Harman Accentra. Hands down! It's a workhorse!! Heated my 1300 sq ft house easy...

For England Stove Works, hard to beat the prices of factory seconds, refurbished stoves with warranties and shipping included at amfmenergy.com. Keep in mind, in addition to the stoves cost; you have to also consider the venting, OAK, and pad cost. A used stove from Craigslist might include those.

Depending on how urgent the need/want is, I got my USSC King from Tractor Supply last year (March) for I think $825, assumedly marked down for end of season. Add venting, OAK, and pad and such and was still under the $1200 mark.

Depending on the size needed, +1 to the Castle Serenity. When I was doing my research for what stove to buy last year I heard nothing but AWESOME things about it. I just wasn't sure it'd be big enough for me so I didn't go with it.

HTH,
Randy