Pellet Stove- How quiet is yours??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

List the noisest parts of your pellets stove

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robzheat said:
How loud or quiet is your pellet stove? List
Pretty quiet to be honest with you the combustion blower isn't really noticeable
The distribution blower I have set in the middle of the dial this actually allows the fan to speed up and down based on heat demand, when on low hardly noticeable.
THE AUGER :coolgrin: :coolgrin: That can be a bit tricky.. Your post on the other thread, I mentioned about the vibration of the shrouds when the auger is feeding, This can be fixed...... What can't is the CHA-CHUNK sound of the slide plate trying to chop through a pellet. :zip: That is all.

With the Quad 1200i the room blower on high would be the loudest noise. On medium it is not much more than the combustion blower which is pretty low. Never heard the auger running. Just an occasional plink plink of the pellets in the pot.

We installed an Enviro Empress this summer.

I can barely hear the auger and the combustion fan is the quieter of the two fans.

We have been impressed with the stove's ability to heat the house on the few chilly nights we've had so far in Northern Vermont.

Can't wait to have the stove running round the clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.