1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

pellet stove near plasma

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by conservationseeker, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conservationseeker

conservationseeker New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    planning on replacing my propane with a pellet. now picture this,, Pellet will be in corner of room. to the left over about 5 ft up on the wall is the plasma. . is this dangerous??? Especially if I'm going for a 30K plus BTU thermo controlled pellet?? I'm thinking not, but didnt knowif others have similar makeup.

any reputable pellet insert retailers in central MA you'd recommend?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    You'll probably be okay, but keep in mind that plasmas do not like heat. If it's pretty warm near that location, I would expect the life of the plasma to be reduced... although I couldn't tell you by how much.
  3. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Personally I wouldnt. I install Plasmas and they dont like heat.Are there fans on it?If not keep the vent holes clean top and bottom or you are going to have one overheated plasma. Actually that goes for all of them that cool thru convection
  4. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    I'm not so sure it will have any short or long term effect. The Plasma has its own internal heat when it is on which has to be much warmer then any heat from the pellet stove at 5 feet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.