Pellet Stove Settings Question- Thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
SO I am a new Englander 55 trp 1500 sqt ft stove owner- learning the ropes with its use and my house and how it responds---- Englander recommends to keep level setting to match example 5 heat/5 blower 7 heat/7 blower.........is that TRULY nescessary? what could result if i went ,say, 7heat/5 blower? reason i ask is that when i crank it up (bet 7-9) -keeping them matching, i experience not much MORE heat experience.

THANKS!

I always keep the blower speed 1 or 2 numbers lower than the heat setting, this way I get more hot air out of it. The faster the air is pushed through, the cooler the air will be. The air from the blower needs time to get hot via the heat exchanger.

Thanks! thats what i was thinking bt the manual says KEEP levels EQUAL! are they just "going by the book",,shud I be worried to try your idea? do u have an ENGLANDER?

cool- thanks--so its OK ? should i go 2 lower on the fan or 1 tonight? its 22 deg and i have hi-hi ceiling qith poor insulation..thanks for ideas

btw I saw you stove on-line-----it looks IDENTICAL to mine- diff model numbers however----is yours just a bit older? just bought mine last week.......it is pellet-only burning- can to corn, etc
Thanks

Mine is pellets only, it's the smaller one to the 25PDV, I got it late last year (2012) just in time for winter 2012/13 season.

You should not have any problems with the stove running 1 or 2 numbers lower on the blower speed than the heat range, I have my stove set to 5 heat, 4 blower at the moment with the 3 lower buttons set to 4 - 4 - 1.

Img_1065.jpg

btw I saw you stove on-line-----it looks IDENTICAL to mine- diff model numbers however----is yours just a bit older? just bought mine last week.......it is pellet-only burning- can to corn, etc
Thanks
The ESW model numbers 55SHP 10 and 55TRP 10 are identical..Both are 25 PVDC's. The SHP ( Summers Heat) is sold by Lowe's. The TRP (Timber Ridge) by Home Depot and others.

Mine is pellets only, it's the smaller one to the 25PDV, I got it late last year (2012) just in time for winter 2012/13 season.

You should not have any problems with the stove running 1 or 2 numbers lower on the blower speed than the heat range, I have my stove set to 5 heat, 4 blower at the moment with the 3 lower buttons set to 4 - 4 - 1.

View attachment 90208

Thanks for the info-------pertaining to your "lower 3 setting" , the manual says to NEVER adjust these; that they are factory set and should not need to be adjusted by us! Is that true? what benefit have you gotten from changing them to the levels you mentioned? thanks!!!

The ESW model numbers 55SHP 10 and 55TRP 10 are identical..Both are 25 PVDC's. The SHP ( Summers Heat) is sold by Lowe's. The TRP (Timber Ridge) by Home Depot and others.

thanks

Those lower three should be adjusted by you under the guidance of England Stove Works, they control the fine tuning of the fuel/air mixture and other stove options for the stove as it is installed and depending upon the controller software version might not act the same even for the same model of stove.

The corresponding options on other stoves are air and fuel trims and a damper. The damper would normally be set by a "professional" installer per the manual and the trims used by the user to match his particular pellets and air to the stove's setup.

Reactions: h2ochild
Thanks for the info-------pertaining to your "lower 3 setting" , the manual says to NEVER adjust these; that they are factory set and should not need to be adjusted by us! Is that true? what benefit have you gotten from changing them to the levels you mentioned? thanks!!!

I use these settings to allow for a clean burn, some pellets just burn 'dirty' and I've found away to adjust these settings so that the glass does not get black / cloudy.

I get a nice clean blue / white flame all the time now with the stove in the upper 370 - 450F temps.

temp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.