Pellet stove temperatures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
I've been looking around for tape for my Castile stove gaskets ends.
I located a 3m product called "3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 361 White"
the specs say its good up to 450 deg F.

Not sure how hot it gets inside the stove. Other then in the burn pot any ideas of temps?

If you're concerned about the ends of the gasket starting to fray, or if there is a small gap, just use high temp silicone.

The gasket ends should just be butted together, the best you can.

No need for anything else. IMO.

I have just cut the ends as clean as possible (new razor blade) and butt them together as close as you can.

You cant use silicone on the quad tadpole gaskets...there is no channel...they wrap the glass and hang out on the glass.
He wasn't talking about any channel....he was talking about the ENDS (".....my Castile stove gaskets ends"). No reason a little dab of silicone couldn't be used to just keep the ends in place and seal any small gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.