Pellet stove venting ( Pricing for PelletVent Pricing at Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Depot has the PelletVent kit...Model # 3300, And almost everywhere else has it from like $125.00 to $250.00 any ideas on why there is such a huge price difference?

Home Depot and Lowes sell the old style Dura Vent. The stove shops sell the Dura Vent PelletPro. The Pellet Pro is a nice clean look and is an all Bio Fuels pipe. Our kit does not include the straight pipe. You should check to see if the #3300 includes any pipe.

It's alright. Will do the job. We prefer to have a 60" straight pie instead of 5 1 footers. Less couplings and a cleaner look. Good luck with your new stove.

DaveyWoodard said:
The kit comes with 5 1 foot pieces of straight pipe. I went with this kit... Is it right? http://www.tractorsupply.com/home-i...eg-for-multi-fuel-horizontal-pipe-kit-3190993

The pipe in this kit is the same thing, but is corn rated, so it will handle anything you run in the stove.

These kits includes only a horizontal end cap....were you planning on horizontal termination, or vertical?

BTW, you can get the corn-rated kit at Ace for $266

www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=998025927&source=GoogleBase

hate those "kits".. I get about 100 calls a year from people who need one or two extra pieces for some "kit" he got at a hardware store.. especially since we stopped dealing with the simpson stuff as much: ICC is wayyy better, cleaner, and easier for PV. It does make some sales, but oh the headaches...

Yup, all year we have people coming in with the cheaper version of the duravent home depot kits looking for an extra part. They get mad when we tell them we only stock the pro stuff. Funny thing is, I sell a 3' pipe, adapter, thimble, vent cap for about $175. That was about $20 more than the Home Depot kit and folks still went to Home Depot even after I showed them the difference in the pipe. And those same folks still got upset when I would give them a price for special ordering them a 45 degree elbow of the cheap pipe version. "$40! I saw them elbows on my uncles computer machine for $35 free shipping! You guys are a rippin me off!"

Ahh, it seems silly, but I still love this business.

imacman said:
DaveyWoodard said:
The kit comes with 5 1 foot pieces of straight pipe. I went with this kit... Is it right? http://www.tractorsupply.com/home-i...eg-for-multi-fuel-horizontal-pipe-kit-3190993

The pipe in this kit is the same thing, but is corn rated, so it will handle anything you run in the stove.

These kits includes only a horizontal end cap....were you planning on horizontal termination, or vertical?

BTW, you can get the corn-rated kit at Ace for $266

www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=998025927&source=GoogleBase

dam, that is pricey compared to what I paid for the same kit 2 years ago at home cheapo at the end of the season (clearance item) for $65. :)

That pipe is still in production but it is the Pellet or Corn Vent (crimped seams). Pellet Vent Pro is "Bio fuel" rated and has welded seams and better o-ring seals. You should be ok with the Pellet and Corn Vent but do not spare the heat rated silicon or you will be sorry.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.