pellet stove venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rakatak

Jan 6, 2014
london, ky
hey guys nice to be here. My wife works for lowes and we are looking into maybe buying one of the summers heat pellet stoves to supplement our central heat and air unit in the winter. Is this unit worth looking at? If I do buy it do pellet stoves have to have a chimney that run all the way up above the roofline or can you just vent them out the wall. btw I can get a good deal on the stove, it is the one that is supposed to heat 1500 sq ft I think. Thanks guys.

Best thing I can do to help you here is to tell you to read the manual. The manual will tell you all of the acceptable exhaust setups. Posting the exact model will yield more reviews from members here also.

Reactions: Bioburner
Best thing I can do to help you here is to tell you to read the manual. The manual will tell you all of the acceptable exhaust setups. Posting the exact model will yield more reviews from members here also.
If the wife can't get a copy of the manual you can download one from Englander.

The best venting for that type of stove is thru the wall. You do need a 3 foot rise.They do sell kits to do that. It would be a good Starter stove. I still have mine from lowes, a Pdvc 25 but it's only for back up since I got a Harman p43. The Englander stoves are good,but do require More cleaning than my Harman. If you can get a good discount I would go. For it. I still like mine, but it is a little more noisy than the Harman. Welcome to the club. I'm sure others will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.