pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglew

Dec 12, 2006
new york
is it safe for a parrot resportary system my wife is concern with this ?new breek well 2700 works great 10 days a go i installed it.

kinglew said:
is it safe for a parrot resportary system my wife is concern with this ?new breek well 2700 works great 10 days a go i installed it.

don't know, but if the parrot keels over, you might want to get out of the house. :)

I think you'll be fine as long as the stove is operating correctly. I seem to recall the bigger concern with birds was cooking with teflon pans?

You ought to have a CO and a smoke detector near the stove anyways. Otherwise that bird will likely be crapping up your place, eating your curtains and eating holes in your drywall long after you are dead and gone. I used to have 2 of em then couldn't stand the racket. They are probably still out there somewhere irritating someone. If you have 1 just dont ever get another one. If you do you and the family will suddenly become NULL AND VOID while at the same time the screaming really begins....,.... They harass hell out of your cats too unless they are buddies.

if the initial breakin of the stove (first fire) didnt kill it, youre likely ok. When we have a customer with birds, we'll preburn the stove hot to cure the paint and burn off all the oils, so it cant harm the bird.

Now if is was a canary and you lived in a coal mine, that might be different ;) But a parrot in da house.........j/k

Good luck with your new fire.

swimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.