Pellet test burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseRRies

Hearth Supporter
Dec 21, 2009
Eastern Shore, MD
I know that there was a post a while back where someone had test burned multiple brands and listed ash, btu, etc. for each. Could someone please post the link to that post?

BLIMP said:
was the volume, or how full the pellet bag, ever taken into consideration?= look at different brands & evaluate the differences of volume

This was covered in the first test somewhere. Bag weigh was checked but I didn't knock myself out worrying about it. Same with volume! I found nothing extreme. I just tried to do a test like an average burner. It wasn't a lab test by any means. I could have measured weight and volume, But I had already tested a few brands. This testing involved a lot of work and prep. There is no way in heck you could pay me to do this. If I(and I said "IF") post anymore test results here. It will be smaller more controlled test's. I might have something brewing somewhere else(to early to get into here).

During the testing I asked for input on test features and what members were looking for. Where were you then??? You are a bit after the fact and with all the pellets burned to ash. There is no way to go back now!

Maybe you could start a thread on testing? Stating what is the best methods and what is required to be tracked, measured and inspected. I will gladly join in and assist. Heck I might even test a brand or 2. But no promises from me!

Maybe log the relative humidity during burn testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.