Pellet test.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Fortier

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Gave the stove a good cleaning this afternoon and picked up 20 bags of the 50 we bought..Easyblaze softwood from Vermont. I will give my feedback with what little knowledge I have on pellets ( Barefoot premium this year..very ashy) So far better half loves them because the bin I pour them in smells like an air freshener:oops: Sounds like a good start.

I will be shoveling more snow while you do that test

I may be shoveling mush_g

I was considering shoveling rain but it turned to ice...._g

I'm testing out some TSC pellets I bought yesterday, UPC code indicates they are gen-u-ine Maine Woods pellets. They burn as good as I need 'em to. That's my review.

Worked odd hours today, teaching an online class to 15 students in various parts of Asia. It's 2:30 AM and I just finished shoveling the plow mess at the end of the driveway so my wife can go to work for 6:45. Also cleared a spot for the doggie to do what he needs to do when he gets up. I am feeling SO thankful we bought a pellet stove this year; the house is a nice toasty 73 degrees on the first floor, and soon I'll crawl into bed and snooze until... maybe 8 or 9.

Reactions: Peterfield
I'm testing out some TSC pellets I bought yesterday, UPC code indicates they are gen-u-ine Maine Woods pellets
What color is the bag ??

Red bag. Purchased at Merrimack, NH.

tsc.jpg

Yup got some those end of last winter and just used up what I had, and they burned pretty good I'd say, and would buy again. Haven't seen them yet, just the white bag full of "Quality" sawdust..

Status
Not open for further replies.