Pellet type question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pt0872

Oct 8, 2006
Carver, Mass
Got my first pellet stove this weekend. It's a Whitfield Prodigy 2......Ive read about what people think
of this stove but it kicks and heats my home VERY WELL.

Came home today and the thermostate read 64*, I lit the stove and before I knew it, it's 82* in my house right now...just checked.

I bought 2 bags at Lowes....Natures own fuel and 2 bags of Energex from True Value...per ton it's $236 at lowes and $275 at TV.

The guy at TV says Energex is grade 2 and Lowes sells grade 5 and it's junk....but looking at the PFI rating on the back of both bags they both rate the same.

Am I missing something besides paying roughly $40 more for the TV brand?

No there is premium and standard pellets. Ash content will range in premiums but all will be under 1% and will have a specific diameter and length.

Status
Not open for further replies.