Pellets @ $255.00/ ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
Just bought 4 tons........ oink, oink......... Millers in (East) Bangor......96 Mount Bethel Highway ....Bangor PA (610)-588-4204. TreeCycle Brand made locally in PA.......... $255.00 is too good to resist..........

Pretty good price, BadDad. Have you burned them before?

Not yet....... I got a loose bag that I'll burn tonight and report what I can by burning one bag.....

BadDad320 said:
Not yet....... I got a loose bag that I'll burn tonight and report what I can by burning one bag.....

Boy, you took quite a chance buying 4 tons w/o ever burning them....what if they burn like crap????

Millers gave me a bag to check out before I take possession.... If I don't like them I can switch to another brand with no problem. The other brand will be more coin but still...... I have a chance to test them first.......

Baddad, Thanks I've been waiting for treecycles pellets to be available. I'm going to call Millers and get 2 tons. As I recall they will let you store them there and pick them up a few at a time, do you know if that is still so?

I have to have them moved out by the 1st week of June. Pretty fair deal.... Good price and some temp storage.....

Geez I hate to rain on your parade but you can get them in windgap for 225 a ton......and I have burned 3 bags so far and I love them, great heat very little ash and very little fog on the glass!

$225.00 / ton....... Thanks for bringing that up earlier........ I would still go with Millers because their location is very close to me and their storage arrangement. PS..... Tried a bag...... The word is GO!!!!!

Hey Bad dad. What would you compare these to? Heat wise? Lignetics, Barefoot, NEWP?

Heat wise I would say Barefoot or Lignetics would be comparable. Dark color some long-ish pellets but nothing terrible... Nearly Zero fines, in fact, very clean. I only burned one bag so I am assuming the rest of the bags are similar....... BadDad says Good Pellets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.