1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellets by the tote (one ton)

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by MoeB, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeB

MoeB New Member

Loc:
    Bangor, Maine
    I'm just starting my 8th ton of pellets this season. I have two Harmon Accentras, one for the house and one for the five-room office. I decided to try buying a one-ton tote that came on a pallet and delivered by small three-wheeled forklift into my garage. No stacking bags. I think it's going to work out great. Dysart's delivered for $219/ton.

Moe

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dougsey

Dougsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Epping, NH
    Sounds cool, can you post pic?
  3. MoeB

MoeB New Member

Loc:
    Bangor, Maine
    It's dark tonight, but I will open the garage tomorrow to let in some light and try to post a picture. It's a great big huge heavy-duty bag with a recloseable top, the same size as a pallet full of a ton of pellets. This might be good for people who have difficulty lifting the 40 lb. bags or don't want to unload them from the delivery truck. We save our pellet bags to recycle them for trash bags as they're much stronger than the thin plastic garbage bags, and it's easy, also, to take a small bucket and fill the pellet bags half full. It would make for easier carrying for the elderly or infirm. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier or I would have tried to do a picture this afternoon. Looks like we're getting more snow here in Maine tonight . . .

Moe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.