Pellets don't stop feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JR52

Jan 8, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have an Absolute 63 that is absolutely clean (pun 100% intended) but I've run into this issue on and off for the last 2 months. In room sensing mode once it reaches the desired temperature, it defaults to a 6% feed rate. This wouldn't be an issue if it just maintained the temperature but in warmer weather this causes the temperature to raise to 10 degrees or more above the set temperature. Even turning the stove off seems to have no effect on the 6% feed rate. Other times, it hits the temperature and goes to 0% and the fire dies out. I don't believe it's a dirty ESP as the stove is clean, this is in room sensing mode and the ESP reading seems to be roughly correct (350-450ish) when this is occurring.

My solution when this happens has been to just open the hopper which eventually seems to reset the feed rate to 0% and all is good. Is this a faulty control board or something else I'm missing? Like I said, this doesn't happen every time but when it does it's quite annoying.

JR52, while I know nothing about your Absolute 63, I do know when Harmans start to run goofy, a reboot may help. Also, is the stove on a surge suppressor? Someone with more knowledge of your stove will be along shortly, or should I say "absolutely be along shortly"!

Thanks for the response. The stove is on the Tripp Lite UPS that Harman recommended and I've done a couple restarts with no long-term success.

How does it run in stove temp mode?