1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellets in Scandanavia

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by begreen, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Posted from the olde site....
    The Scandanavians are doing awesome things with biofuel. They take energy independence seriously and are concerned with keeping CO2 emissions down. Pellet sales are up to 1.2 mil metric tons from next to nothing 15 yrs ago. I'm envious of their pellet delivery systems. If I had this kind of infrastructure available, I'd have a pellet furnace in my basement too.

www.bioenergy2005.no/downloads/Presentasjoner/26. oktober/1E/Ake Andersson.pdf
    tiny url - http://tinyurl.com/c6g3g

and some cool info on Denmark's amazing progress: www.i-sustain.com/learningCenter/photoAlbum/Energy/

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Great post B-G. I love that delivery truck and "shoot 'em into your basement" hose arrangement.
  3. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Me too. We need more of this technology on a large scale in our urban and suburban environs. I'm ready!
  4. bruce56bb

bruce56bb New Member

Loc:
    Flint Hills of Kansas
    i cant get the link to work.
  5. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The url is not working because the forum software is parsing out the percent symbol + 20 = a space, in the url. (@#%!! I can't even add it here because it will change it). It shouldn't do this for urls. To reach the site for now you'll have to add percent symbol + 20 where you see a space in the URL. Craig, this seemed to work for a few days. Any thoughts on what broke?
  6. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Tis not my URL. I don't own the website. They have spaces in their address. Try it yourself. Type percent20 between two words, using the percent symbol in the fast reply field and see what you get when it posts to the forum - a space. Then copy and paste in your browser, the provided URL and insert percent20 in the spaces in the URL.

PS: Note that the same issue bit Elk's post: http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/39/
    That link is no longer working as well for the same reason.
  7. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    at work, no time. just go to the site or elk's ny site, copy the url, come back to the forum and paste it in.
  8. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Nothing wrong with the link folks. Highlight it, copy it and paste it into your browser address window.

Great stuff thanks for sharing!
  9. Darryl Rose

Darryl Rose Member

Loc:
    NH
    I attended the First European Pellet Conference in Salzburg Austria about 5 years ago and many years before that I was at Stockholm Energy in Sweden. It's amazing how even back then, pellet fuel was so popular there. SE was burning up to 1,000 tons per day!!! They were getting sulfur tax credits by not burning oil or coal.
  10. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Do the Mo Heat thing - copy and paste the URL into the box at:
    http://www.tinyurl.com

and you will get back a real short URL with no spaces, etc.

This is a good idea for virtually any long or mal-formed url.
  11. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Done Craig. I've added the tiny url link to the original post. Thx.
  12. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I'd really like to see this take off on this scale in the US as well, especially in urban/suburban areas in states that have an active lumber industry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.