Pellets, pellets everywhere but none in Western Suffolk L.I. New York

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rad3110

Oct 11, 2007
Long Island NY
Every time I go to Lowes or Home Depot im Medford or Lowes in Patchogue, NY I pick up 5 to 10 bags of pellets at $3.74 once, again a real bargain in this region. There are no pellets left in the Patchogue, Medford area at the Big Box Store's. Im told Stonybrook has 90 Pallets. Supposedly they are all getting delivery's in on Monday, heard that all last week. Regardless, I have about 4 tons on hand and can see a major increase in demand in my geographical area. @#ck the oil guys and opec. Im not trying to create my own competition for supply just passing along info. I always try to back fill my supply, to maintain 4 tons. I run 1 stove full time and 1 Part time. I saw a blog on this thread about Stove Chow, I have never had any problems with them and rate them almost good as Hamer's. Booh to Pennington's ans haven't even seen appling County this season(the worst pellet ever)

rad said:
Im told Stonybrook has 90 Pallets. Supposedly they are all getting delivery's in on Monday, heard that all last week.

Do you know what kind of pellets Lowes in Stonybrook is selling and are they $3.74? I was there last month and they had Clean Energy which I believe were more expensive.

The Home Depot down the road in E. Setauket had some poorly stored Somersets (ouside in the blizzard) and they were pricey.

This is about the time of season that the bigbox's start phasing out the seasonal items. Pellets to them are seasonal and even though winter isn't going away anytime soon, Don't expect them to carry them much longer(unless no one buys them). Visit a local pellet dealer, They always have pellets on hand. There not seasonal to them, Some only servive by selling pellets! Support them as best you can. If they fold you really don't want to rely on the bigbox only for you seasonal fuel. This highly hold true for the folks that just don't have the room for large quantity storage. Some of these pellet dealers will even allow you to buy your seasons supply at spring discount prices and store them for you. Try getting the bigbox store to do that.

Yes I do purchase from the bigbox's, But carefully(due to handling issues) and I always spread some business to the local pellet houses. I like having both to choose from.

try Rella coal on rt 112 south of rt 25. or true vale hardware on middle island rocky pt road north of rt 25 on right.

Rella has been around a long time. I find them a bit over pricedand do not like the kiss my ring attitude I get when I go there. Happened more then once.

true, i think. i wanted them to do a full cleaning on my stove($140)and the wouldn't do it unless i also bought a ton of pellets.

HD and Lowes are 187 a ton In Patchogue and Medford. Lowes is what 1 1/2 from Rella who im sure are getting at least 329 a ton. The big box stores are listening to consumer feedback and getting good quality pellets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.