Pellets sales.com BAIT AND SWITCH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
investor7952 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
investor7952 said:
quote]

No i am not. The packaging sucks 10 bags were broke and I paid a premium for a shittier pellet. Let the readers decide if it was fair or not. I dont have the room to sit on skids of pellets to see if they are good or not. I have to unload the skid and restack them so as far as sending them back I cant becuase they will be stacked already. Reasonable would have been them crediting me back the xtra $20 a ton. Reasonable would have been them putting a BTU rating with a range not advertise the TOP OF THE RANGE then a week later change it to the very bottom of the range. Reasonable would have been them telling the consumer you are paying more for a pellet that is packed in paper thin plastic bags.
So to answer your question NO I AM NOT CHANGING THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD

They are being very reasonable, you however are not.
If you tell them you are not happy after trying them I doubt they will actually come back and pick up stuff you have moved and restacked. They will give you your $20 ton back and move on. How can you be SO unhappy with a a pellet you have not tried? With a dealer who was trying to provide honest updated information? Who has promised to make it right if you are still not happy?
BTW... was there a spec listed for the bags on the website that led you to believe it was a premium bag? No? Then why are you so upset?

You should be careful what you post. Bait and switch is a very specific offense. If you post a company is practicing it when they you know they are not you may be guilty of liable/slander.

investor7952 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
investor7952 said:
Pellet sale.com got back to me this morning with a call.They didnt want to respond to my email they said they felt better talking directly to me. I spoke with them and the guy told me they update the latest test periodicly.He said one bag may test at 8360 while another tests at 7980.He said this is normal and well within the spec of 5% deviation. I told him I understand that and you should put the BTU RANGE on your site for each pellet. I also told him if I had seen the 7980 instead of the 8360 I would have NEVER OF SPENT the xtra money on the andes. He said to take the pellets in if I am unhappy he will have them picked of and replaced with the cleanfires and will credit me back the $20 per ton each.He said the searched the globe for a good softwood pellet to sell and they werent having any luck domesticly so they are trying these andes from south america. He warned me the packaging sucks and those were his exaact words. I recvd them today and I will tell you the clear plastic bags the Andes are packed in are paper this kind of like saran wrap. I will keep you all posted how they burn when the weather turns.

sounds pretty reasonable on thier part, Now, are you going to edit the title of this thread?

No i am not. The packaging sucks 10 bags were broke and I paid a premium for a shittier pellet. Let the readers decide if it was fair or not. I dont have the room to sit on skids of pellets to see if they are good or not. I have to unload the skid and restack them so as far as sending them back I cant becuase they will be stacked already. Reasonable would have been them crediting me back the xtra $20 a ton. Reasonable would have been them putting a BTU rating with a range not advertise the TOP OF THE RANGE then a week later change it to the very bottom of the range. Reasonable would have been them telling the consumer you are paying more for a pellet that is packed in paper thin plastic bags.
i can understand why you are mad .they should have gave you your 20.00 bucks back per pallet .......bad business. i would never buy from them just take it as a lesson learned and find a better pellet dealer.

Andes Bio Pellets S.A., Chile

In 2005 Andes Bio Pellets S.A.established a new company together with the partners JCE, Chile. The company set up a new plant for the production of biopellets based on sawdust or bark as the raw material. As a first step, the plant, that is located adjacent to Concepción, Chile, and was commissioned in 2006, aims at exporting their products. The JCE Group AB has its roots in the shipping and particularly the offshore industry. Over the years the JCE Group has diversified their activities and is now also operating in areas such as forestry, real estate, construction, distribution, information technology and telecom. The JCE Group is operating on an international basis, including such countries as Brazil, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Scotland and Sweden. The Andritz Sprout equipment supplied for Andes Bio Pellets holds a yearly capacity of 40,000 – 50,000 tons and consists of two pelleting lines.

Bark? I thought that was interesting. I wonder what they are shipping here?

I saw a pellet stove for sale in the Northern tool catalog that mentioned it burned bark pellets.... think it was called the Lassie 100

krooser said:
I saw a pellet stove for sale in the Northern tool catalog that mentioned it burned bark pellets.... think it was called the Lassie 100

I think I burned "bark" pellets two years ago....I think they were called "Penningtons"! doh!

slvrblkk said:
krooser said:

I think I burned "bark" pellets two years ago....I think they were called "Penningtons"! doh!

:) Mine were called Inferno's!

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
krooser said:

:) Mine were called Inferno's!

LOL!!! :)

mascoma said:
investor7952 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
investor7952 said:
quote]

They are being very reasonable, you however are not.
If you tell them you are not happy after trying them I doubt they will actually come back and pick up stuff you have moved and restacked. They will give you your $20 ton back and move on. How can you be SO unhappy with a a pellet you have not tried? With a dealer who was trying to provide honest updated information? Who has promised to make it right if you are still not happy?
BTW... was there a spec listed for the bags on the website that led you to believe it was a premium bag? No? Then why are you so upset?

You should be careful what you post. Bait and switch is a very specific offense. If you post a company is practicing it when they you know they are not you may be guilty of liable/slander.

I agree with Investor here, If this happened to me I'd be livid. As far as not trying the pellet yet... Why would you even want to? I've got a bad taste in my mouth from just reading this thread. If the dealer was "trying to provide honest updated info" they would have made him aware of the lower BTU rating before dropping them off in his driveway -or- letting him know he's getting a credit before he even knows what's going on.

I would seem like you are most upset about the money, correct??? It seems also that you are way over reacting over what $60 bucks? The company said if you were unhappy with the pellets they would swap them out and refund you the $20 per ton...at that point why not just say to them i really don't have the space to store these and the bags look like they will rip when i move them so yeah, lets arrange for the swap now.

Hardly bait and switch....and hardly worth blowing a vessel over $60 out of a $1500 purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.